YAAC is controlled through a fairly standard window-based menu
system. The menus are displayed on all top-level windows of YAAC, and
include the following drop-down menu choices:
- File, for overall control of
the application and its collected data.
- View, for changing the way data
is presented to the user and invoking alternate views.
- Filter, for selectively
choosing which subset of the available APRS network will be
displayed in the various windows.
- Locate, to help identify the
geographical position of a specific APRS station or tracked object.
- Query, to request additional
status information from a specific APRS station if your station is capable of
transmitting such requests by having a transmit-capable APRS port.
- Message, to transmit an
arbitrary text message to another APRS station.
- Bookmarks, to remember and move to different positions on the map.
- Window, to switch between different open windows of YAAC.
- Help, to get information about
YAAC and how to use it.
In addition, right-clicking on the map or most
table views will provide a
context-sensitive menu of choices available for that map point or table row.