Map Popup Menu Help
There are several functions that can be performed by
right-clicking (or left-clicking with the ALT key pressed) on stations or objects on the map, or pressing
the context menu key on a PC keyboard while the map has focus. Some of these menu choices may not appear
if the context doesn't allow it (for example, menu choices to query a station won't
appear if the right mouse-click was not on a station icon). If the chosen menu function
applies to a selected station or object and more than one station or
object was at the clicked point, a popup dialog asks which station or
object you want to use. Available menu choices include:
- Zoom in, centering on the clicked point on the map.
- Zoom out, centering on the clicked point on the map.
- Pan the map to center the clicked point.
- Create a new Object at the clicked point on the map. This is
effectively the same as the Add Object button on the Station/Object
list, except that the latitude and longitude is preset to the clicked map position.
- Edit an existing Object (taking it over if owned by someone
else), or convert an existing Station into an Object owned by your local station.
- Drag an Object across the map to a new geographical position (taking it over if the
station or Object was owned by another station).
- Show the message history of the selected Station or Object.
- View the most recent message from the select Station or about
the selected Object in the Radio view.
- Turns on the map track stripe for the selected Station or Object.
- Turns off the track stripe for the selected Station or Object.
- If not already there, add the current stations (not objects) to the health monitor list.
- Specify if the selected station or object should be reported if it is inactive for more than
a specified period of time. A default interval is used if a
station-specific value is not configured here.
- Issue queries to the selected Station.
- Send a message to the selected Station.
- Initiate a chat session to the selected Station.
- Append a textual note to a Station or Object. This is useful to record extra information
about the Station or Object that is not provided over APRS (example: current number of passengers
in a tracked SAG vehicle).
- Change the fixed home (beacon) position configured in YAAC to the clicked map position.
- Plotting a line-of-sight from the current clicked map location to some other point on the map (similar to
the View menu's Show Line of Sight choice except the starting position is where the menu was brought up).
- Plotting a line-of-sight path between the current station location (even if the local station is mobile)
and either a fixed geographical point or another station or object (which may also be mobile).
- write a text marker line to the current GPS log (only if GPS data is being logged).